8/7/13

Home is

Where my heart lives {amongst a polka dot sky }.
Well today was a fun day for me, summer vacation is almost over since it's always summer
 in Puerto Rico, I can not say summer is over...
I have been taking care of my daughter and two of her friends and I was looking for a cool project that we could do together.  So I decided on a piece of canvas they could do to decorate their room.  I started with a Donna Downey piece of printed canvas and an iron on tree.  I can happily say SHE introduced me to gelatos!!! They were a dream in my hand I could not get enough of those little chapstick shaped babies!!! Finally they arrived at my doorstep, a full set for me to enjoy and I have been happily playing ever since!
After that I drew a rustic house and my words got all wrapped up in a kite's string;)
they crossed my "t" and went down to lives, hugging the tree

I had a "Monet" moment, LOL, I was going for the impressinist movement with my artsy flowers in the fields!!!!  They look the part...
I just love I could paint a polka dot sky, for that I used the Art Grip Aquarelle # 143, using a dot mask
they matched the polka dot leaves in the tree perfectly!
sketchy begginings to
after writing my words in pencil I used a PITT big brush marker in black and a red one
 for the ♥ word.
I used gesso and a stencil for the roof and the finger for the clouds
the words got filled with 2 different gelatos a metallic and a flat one, I can totally see the shine there
and loved it so much I framed it and hung it on my wall
It's such a cute summer cottage!
Now go over and play with Mou's challenge over at the Faber Castell blog
and over at CCCB polka dot challenge
 
Happy creating my friends
 
 
 
Milagros
 
 Thanks to the ladies over at CCCB for the
 
 Spotlight Artist Badge
 !!!!!!!
happy dance!!!
 


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!!!!! I love the creativity of your mind!

Lizzy Hill said...

Sensational...you could certainly teach a few lessons yourself on using Gelatos...this TOTALLY rocks:):):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous!! LOVING that sky you created and the tree!!!

Unknown said...

beautiful !

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What an amazingly stunning creation!!! So much detail and texture!! WOW!!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my this is beautiful ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, I love the way it turned out. I am on the lookout for those Gelatos my friend.

Hugs~

Audrey Pettit said...

You never cease to amaze and inspire me with your beautiful creations, Milagros.........and once again my jaw is hanging open here! This is stunning. Beyond words I have to describe! LOVE!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Oh my goodness wow... Milagros, you've once again outdone yourself. This is stunning! I absolutely LOVE the winding along the words and tree. Brilliant! And it's such a lovely scene too. Gorgeous... Thank you for joining us at CCCB :) Hugs xx, Wendy