8/27/13

sometimes i wish it was yesterday

Seeing the colors of this special CSI case reminded me of an old album of mom and dad, back in 1963 when they were so much in love, before they even got married.
The new sketch is up at sketchbook365 and I thought it was perfect for what I had in mind.
 
 
This paper had an old, vintage vibe and the perfect hues
and this is how I treated it
first up a coat of gesso

next a yellow

and then a trio of blues in the color scheme

I am rather forn of how this background turned, sometimes its hard to cover it up, LOL!!!
Now for my evidence in solving the case
  •  clear photocorners
  • travel embellishments (suitcases)
  • circles (enamel dots on suitcase)
  • maps (layered paper behind my photo)


For my testimony I chose to journal in 3 journaling spots
handsome dad
 

lovely mother, she also matches the colors in the palette

after wrapping some threads in one of the suitcases I added this sticker "such is life"
2 suitcases because each went a separate way
here's the sketch
and here's the palette
 
 
I hope you find the time to play in either of this awesome challenges!!!
 
 
Milagros

10 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

I am SOOOO with you, Milagros, re: covering up all that arty work we go & do! It's soooo hard at times...that's where art journal pages come in fun, I think...LOOOOVE your 'fussied up' suitcase, too...neat touch:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors, the flower and the suitcases!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Awww! This is a lovely tribute to your parents ... Even when they part ... they are still always with us huh!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is just beautiful and how I LOVE that old photo of your parents! Such a cool looking background you created with the gesso and gelatos! Love the vintage vibe with the modern twist!

Unknown said...

Milagros rocking it with gelatos! LOL You knew I would comment on those first didn't you? ;-) Beautiful page! I especially love the suitcase and the "such is life" sticker. Awesomeness.

Val-Belle said...

Yeah I can't wait to get my gelattos... I love what you created here... looks so fab. This layout really popped out in the gallery too.

Anonymous said...

thank you for taking part in our challenge with such a super LO. The photo is just fantastic too. A great take on my sketch, thanks again:)

Annie Claxton said...

It's beautiful Milagros - I love the photo too and it was great to see how you created that gorgeous background :o)xxx

Denise Price said...

This is a very pretty and touching take on the sketch. It's detailed, yet also simple--cool effect!

Annie Claxton said...

You already know I love this page, but just poppped back to say WELL DONE on being a Sketch365 Super Scrapper! REally really must try out those gelatos, it's such a lovely effect ... :o)xxx