1/30/13

Darling Sweetheart

It's week 144 at CCCB and It's a Small World it's their theme,
You need to use a map as part of your design
My immediate thought was CP 14 because I had seen this gorgeous heart based on a map
But as I scrolled down I saw Charlene had used it so I started pouring over the line again
and found a line of hearts as stickers and another die cut in the shape of a button
so here's my take on the challenge
I die cut a Spellbinder doily and lined it with an ivory patterned paper from Webster's
then I used twine to sew my button to the doily
I cut the lined up heart stickers into and individual piece to fit the scale of my button
because of course I needed a pair.
 

I then machine stitched a couple of layers over a frame die cut also by CP 14
and to finish it up added my sentiment flags
when you open the card it reads:
"Be mine"
Because of the many layers I am presenting it at sugarcreekhollow!
 
And here's a page I made for the "Papeles y Mas"
as it appears published in their February Edition page 23
Photo: Milagros C. Rivera @Paper Boutique
 
And here's a sneak peek at my upcoming class at the Convention
you will have to click on the image for more details!
 

So as you can see it is all a Crate Paper affair!!!
 
Have a beautiful week everyone!!!
 
 
Milagros

9 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, what a great post, Milagros! Congrats on your publication! Your page is sooo adorable, and I love the peek of your class project,. And I love your sweet card, too! The framework is gorgeous. Love the doily cut and your map hearts. Really beautiful work!

Ros Crawford said...

Congrats on your publication!! And I love your pretty card with the map hearts ... Many thanks for playing at CCCB!

Analia Cristina said...

Hola Milagros,tus trabajos son muy bonitos y creativos.Manejas muy bien la combinacion de colores fuertes,no a todas se nos da tan bien asi que al menos yo aprovecho para aprender,gracias por compartir!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Congratulations on your publication, I love your sweet creation too, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

Anonymous said...

Milagros your card is spectular!!!! I love your creativity and the pretty doily!!! Congrats on the publication!!! I love the pics on the lo!!!Hugs!

Unknown said...

Your card is gorgeous. I love how you used the map to make your heart. Looks wonderful. Congrats to you. How exciting getting published. Your work should be published. Its beautiful.

Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

Linda Breedlove said...

Congratulations on your publication! Your page is adorable... love your card, too! You do really beautiful work... thanks the peek of your class project... fantastic!!!

Patti P. said...

Stunning, love the frames and layers of beautiful papers and especially your hearts, how creative.
Congrats on being published.
Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Patti SCH/DT

FiKenward said...

Gorgeous layout and Card Milly. Just wanted to let you know that I have also awarded you with the Leibster Award which you can grab off my todays post. Thanks always for your inspiration and lovely comments.