5/21/11

Carta de mama

 OMGGGGG I was picked as today's gallery fave with my LO, thank you ladies so much this is my first entry!

TODAY'S  GALLERY   FAVE

                                                                                                                                       


Carta de Mamá by Milagros C. Rivera
http://colorcombosgalore.ning.com/


I was working on some machine stitches whan I realized I used 3 doillies instead of one.  I decided to change the direction of the LO and write a heartfelt letter to my daughter.  Tucked inside those pages is something for herto read later on, in the meantime it has been sealed with a kiss from mama! I transferred the photo to canvas to work with the dreamy effect the Butterfly collection papers from Pink Paislee .
Estaba trabajando en esta página cuando me di cuenta que había cosido mas "doillies" de la cuenta, 3 para ser precisa.  Decidí que iba a cambiar el giro de la página  a escribirle una carta a mi hija, así que luego de escribir desde mi corazón,  la cerré con un lazo y  la sellé con un beso.  Aquí puedes ver el detalle de como la cerré.
detalle de un botoncito de nácar cosido a mano!
Y aquí el LO final, here is the finished piece:

6 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Gosh, this is gorgeous, Milagros! So soft and dreamy and elegant. I absolutely love how you used the doilies for journaling. What a great idea. :)

Nadia Cannizzo said...

WOW! Seriously beautiful. Gorgeous actually...Well done, What a beautiful girl too. Thank you for dropping by my blog as well.

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful and lovely work and a cool ideafor the journaling.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
byeeee,Lean

Doll, Dress...Colors said...

que delicadeza de projeto!
lindo lindo!

jacirascrap said...

Adorei sua "carta de mamãe" com as costuras! muito rico!

FiKenward said...

Congratulations on Gallery fav, I especially enjoyed the way you did your journalling.