2/3/12

Guest Designer work for 3 Scrappy Boys!

Hello my blogging friends, just got back from CA, CHA was awesome I promise to share a ton of photos later!
Today's post will be about the February kits at 3 Scrappy Boys!  When Heather asked me to guest design in February I was so delighted.  What a fabulous opportunity to work with their kit, so full of goodies and beautiful things.  This is what found me when I opened the box
Main

My inspiration was immediate and my surprise at the piece of fabric was just pure delight, you all know how I love mix media.  So let's begin with the inspiration
 fabric bloom...
I used a gloober to make the rose and used the pins to give it the final touch.  This pic gives you a closer look unto my recycling process, see the bits of paper, I used EVERYTHING!!!
After punching my cardstock I decided to fill some of the hearts with the scrap hearts from this LO, I thought they looked so much fun, both sides at a timeCan you believe how perfect this collection was for our recent rip to Italy, these were among my fave photos of the trip and when I saw the papers I just knew what to do!
Now back to the fabric. I wanted to use it as a patterned paper, you see I had these photos from the island of Burano and I knew the fabric was the perfect match!
 I went ahead and used my sewing machine to adhere the paper and took advantage of the Maya Road tickets to journal how magical the small Isola was.  I cheated and used my xacto knife to extract a piece for my photo mat from the back of the paper and then used my distress tool to scratch the surfaces of the cardstock paper, loved the finish.
For the corner I covered the hearts in various PP and folded it in place in the shape of a flower.  I was thinking about the best way to use all the MR chipboard pieces and started playing at random, all of a sudden thay clicked into place and I had myself a damask pattern with them.  I decided to cover them in PP that I also cheated from the back of the next LO, LOL
We had the most fabulous lunch at Galuppi Rest and I needed to document all the wonderful details of our meal, the limoncello, the baked fish the buranello, ahhh they will be in my palate forever.  Now don't you just adore the beaded flower? I did and so I used my second one in the banner here:
so perfectly sweet for my darling DD
I also made this with some of the sticker pieces and more fabric remnants


I think they would be so perfect for your little ones on Valentine's Day.
  If you can believe me when I say I still have one more piece of paper to work with.   I will of course share when I finish.  Until then thanks for stopping by and looking at the work I did,  I hope it inspires a storm of creativity in you as it did in me.  Don't forget to visit 3 Scrappy Boys, the link is on the top, they have a fabulous gallery and blog too!

Milagros

2 comments:

cnelson said...

ALL of these projects are just FANTABULOUS!!! TFS!!

Audrey Pettit said...

WOW!! What stunning projects, Milagros!! Cannot believe all the beautiful things you created from one kit! FAB!