7/19/12

Make Waves

Thanks for playing along in our “Super Hot Summer Blog Hop”!
My challenge for you is to create a page using your stash with the following items in mind
cardstock
something transparent or translucent (it can be vellum)
remnants of pattern paper ( use your stash!
bling ( see the fish eye)
glitter (see the top of the waves) or Stickles
create you title using a stamp
After you have completed your project, post it in the Colorful Creations Gallery and tag it “useyourstashBH”. Your layout or project must be newly created as of July 20th, and cannot be combined with any other CC challenges.
You have until Sunday July 29th at midnight CST to complete challenges!
Can’t wait to see your creations!
If you complete my challenge make sure to link it up at the bottom of this post to be entered into a drawing to win a RAK from me!
Here is my example:

The Cutting Cafe is graciously sponsoring our hop
I fell in love with her Wave Shaped card and decided to strech it further and do a lay out, printing the filler waves and taking them to 12 inches.  The fun thing with the file is that it gives you a little place "pocket" like for you to put stuff in, like fishes...I decided to give my waves some bling and so there is some sparkle in them
here's some close up of all those cool waves, fun thing is they are all so different!
For my last layer I went with the negative part of the cutting so I could do some journaling!
After stamping I used some clear embossing powder on top to make it shine
What would a blog hop be without something fun to “hop” around for?
Let’s go on a treasure hunt!
Each DT member will give you a product or item from your stash to find on the hunt.
When you find the product gather it, and at the end you will find a fun challenge to do at the
Colorful Creations Blog!
For your "Summer Treasure Hunt" my product is to raid your stash and find some cardstock!
Make sure to leave a comment at each blog once you get your treasure hunt item, so we know you are playing along!
Here is your map in case you get lost!!

You are here ;) Milagros

14 comments:

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

I love the way you journaled around the kraft wave :)

FiKenward said...

Lovely page Milagros, specially love the water droplets you've made with the pattern paper, not to mention those sweet little fish, awesome work as always.

scrapping4me said...

Looks great Milagros - looks like I am going to have fun 'using my stash' yeh!

Unknown said...

Love getting to use stash! Hope I have time to get this one done!

LisaM said...

Cool page and fun techniques!

Brandi Matos said...

Love your page Milagros!!!! Wonderful job :-)

Unknown said...

I love your LO .. It's soooo cute! That's a good idea to stretch it from a card sketch to an LO! Great Job!!

Hugs,
Angela

Lili Sulastri said...

Interesting challenge Milagros and I do love your layout. I like it that you want us to use up what we have in our stash. Pretty neat of usng those supplies.

Lili

Tabitha said...

Beautiful layout!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun and adorable layout, Milagros! I just got that LYB Splash line and have been pondering what to do with it. So love how you've used the transparencies and love the layered waves. SO, SO cute!

tallulah1 said...

Great layout, and list of items to use. And we all have cardstock !!
Janelle

Bente Fagerberg said...

Your lovely page makes me smile. Love the little fish and the pretty droplets. What a neat way to do the journalling around the edge of the kraft wave. Gorgeous!

Lori said...

I love everything about your page! Great challenge, too!

Unknown said...

fun trying to include everything - I had a tough time with the glitter and I wanted to make the date the title but my date stamper didn't go back to 1999 so I chose a LOVE stamp instead. Don't know why the inLinkz is giving me their logo instead of my image.