7/3/12

My little one turns 8...

Hi all in honor of my sweet one I am writing in chartreuse her fave color...
She was born 8 years ago and my dad's comment was why couldn't you wait one more day???
He wanted her to be a 4th of July baby, oh well babies want to be born when they are ready and she was scheduled for a C section on the 16th of July, so she was mega ready....
Here's the cake I baked her, a lemon flavored one 3/4 cups of pure juice in it freshly squeezed.
ANd her first set of mini La La Loopsies on top as a surprise. 
Havimg your birthday on a Tuesday is not as fun as a Sunday but I dd manage to get two of her BFF's to attend and they had a blast!
Here she is with her 8 candles and a ton of wishes of her own I suppose...
I loved the look on her face when she first saw the cake, but couldn't photograph as I was taking it out of hiding.  I was baking and decorating until midnght the day before...

See how big Solecito is??? just as big as she is, my she HAS grown this summer and with the new set of teeth her smile is so diferent.  Her piano teacher gave her her first strapless dress and she just was ecstatic, guess you can tell by her face!
She of course did her American Girl rosettes the day before to decorate her birthday, she is just awesome and I love her so much!
Now unto scrappy business, I finally scrapped this family portrait for the CSI palette, their evidence challenge included to interpret frosting on the page inspired by a cake as we liked. 
Well I literally" buttercreamed" my paper with frosting, LOL
here's another view

ANd if you look closely I have taken quite a few things out of my stash for this one
like the velvet flowers from Heidi Swapp, very vintage...the Maya Road crown for journaling
and the Pink Paislee house of 3 clear flowers, the Maya Road metals are new, but the rest is history


But I love the results, one classy page if I say so myself, no sketch, no frills just us!
And next is my first challenge at CC, yey!!! it is called guess what?
USE YOUR STASH!!!
here's the sample I created, I added the pinwheel as an after thought and love it
You need to use a cardstock, brads, old alphas and a punch.  Would love to have you participate and to join us at the CC community it is so fun!
And I just found out they featured Rodas at CSI
Thank you ladies!
And  "Fe" at the Prima blog!!!
Bap Milagros C Rivera
Awesome, thanks!!!
Well I do hope your 4th of July is a fantastic one

Just found out about this!!! and I can't wait to play!!!
Kissinia is doing  Is doing a play along envelope adventure and you're invited if you would like. Here is her post:

What’s the idea?
To make the postman smile, of course. And also, to add a little touch of art to ordinary envelopes. Now to how it works:
1. You email me your postal address together with your nickname and blog address (if any).
2. I send you my very own decorated envelope with 3 empty ones in it for you to decorate. One envelope to be sent back to me, two others you send wherever you wish.
3. Please, don’t forget to decorate your envelopes! You can stop at this stage.
4. Or else, you can also put clean envelopes into your mail. In this case our project will spread even further.
5. I will accept your postal addresses until the end of July.
6. I will start sending mail immediately.
7. I suppose the end of this game – end of September 2012.
* This is absolutely non-commercial project. No expensive items to be sent, please
** I will be more than happy and truly appreciate if you will find some time to write me a little note
*** You can start exchange straight away by asking my postal address. In this case we will speed up the process
**** By using my banner and link we might attract more participants
What can you do with envelopes? Anything you want to! Doodling, painting, drawing, collage, stamping – there’s no limits!!!
So, let the game begin!
All welcome!
How awesome is this, go and check her blog, totally fabulous!!!
I just sent an envelope to my friend Jacira in Brasil and stamped her envelope, unknowing thiswas a trend...awesome i can't wait to exchange!!!
Milagros

8 comments:

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Isn't she adorable, Milagros? I see that you have changed the header again :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on your girl's birthday Milagros, she's a real pretty girl! Love the photos, such wonderful creations!! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, hugs, Ira x

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

What a fab birthday cake Milagros and you have a very pretty daughter too :) Sarah x

Татьяна-Пятница said...

http://tatjanaswelt.blogspot.de/2012/07/blog-post_08.html
If you wish, I will send you an envelope)))))))

I live in Germany
My Mail tatmum@online.de

Denise Price said...

Great to see your daughter making paper rosettes. Creativity with papercrafts must run in the family. :)

I like your layouts--the "buttercream" one is very elegant, and the rest are playful and delightful.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How sweet is your little girl, and what a lot of wonderful work you've shared!

Sonia said...

Cada uno de tus projectos hermosos. El cake me encanto y mi hija tambien celebra este mes su cumpleaños y su color favorito es Verde. Mami cumple el lunes que viene.
Gracias por compartir tantos trabajos bellos y compartir esa foto del cake.
Felicidades a Miss M, Dios la siga bendiciendo mucho.
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, what a fabulous post! I absolutely adore all your layouts! Love that beautiful yellow page..so so elegant and love that you made fresh all those old stash goodies. And a huge belated birthday hug for your beautiful daughter!