11/28/11

Happy Holidays!

We don't have freezing weather here, but in honor of my little one that dreams of playing in the snow I have decided to play over at the The Shabby Tearoom. where they have this glorious inspiration photo




I don't know if it's me but I see lace in those skates, cozy, beautiful and totally inspiring!!! And since I have decided to use a gorgeous Kraft doily I will also enter the card over at the Kraft Journal where they have a Christmas cards challenge.
I did my version in canvas, embroidered the boot laces and trim the tops with some vintage lace. For the blades I went all the way with the silver glitter, they are sooo sparkly and fun! Everything is nested atop a pretty Kraft doily and wrapped up in vintage ribbon.

I also used some Making Memories rub ons in silver glitter that gave it the special touch

Officially it's the Holiday Season, Ahhhh how do I love thee...Fresh Christmas Tree smell, cooler weather at least for us, from the average 85 down several degrees.  This morning I saw the mountains covered in a veil of fog, always inspiring.   The music changes, the spirit changes, there is hope in the air , poinsettias in the house, the nutcrackers already marched.  I really can't wait to trim the tree, we picked him yesterday and we saw the coolest trees painted , we wanted a pink one!!!! and the one we picked:


under a lot of  supervision...
I hope you get a lot of inspiration this Holiday Season, I will sure be creating some more, 'til then
Milagros

9 comments:

Dottie said...

Very very pretty

Debbie said...

OMG ... a pink painted tree -- I would have HAD to brought that one home with me! Your card with the little skates all laced up is so sweet ... perfect for this week's Tea Room challenge!

Did you receive an e/m from me with the details for your GDT on 2/6/12?

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful! What a gorgeous card, Milagros! I am just in love with those sweet ice skates. How perfect they are in canvas with your hand-stitching and glittered blades. Love that kraft doily, too, and the beautiful ribbon and crystal charm. I just love every little detail of this. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal.
And how fabulous are those painted trees??! Never seen anything like that before. :)

Elisabeth Sarkis said...

Lindo cartão,parabens querida!Bjs e vou te seguir

Ros said...

Oh this is adorable ... I love the skates!! perfect take on the challenge!

FiKenward said...

What a beautiful card and I love these colours.

Sharon said...

This card is perfectly victorian looking...the lace peeking out of the top of the skates, the lacy doily and embellishments. Beautiful!
Sharon

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I just adore your card! Those skates with the glitter blades and stitched laces are so cute and I love the snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal!

Sheri said...

The perfect holiday card! Thanks for sharing with us at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM ;-)