11/11/11

How could I not?

What a magical date 11/11/11 !!! I hope you all are well. I got back from my trip last week and it has been hard. I have been working with my husband instead of the store, helping out as best as I can, when I finally got back I felt I had no inspiration at all...I got stuck in not celebrating Halloween for the first time in 16 years and it feels like I can not move over because of it, weird??? I feel like putting up all the Halloween stuff just so I can move on. Read this conversation:
This week we were talking to our son and he was going over the calendar saying:

him:  this Sunday is Family Day at school, remember?
me: but isn't your Family Day always in November?
him: MOM it is ALREADY November!!!
me:Gosh...when did it happen...

Any whoo this should give you an idea of where I am, I do hope I get back to it all next week.
As I was looking on blogosphere to be motivated I went to OUAS to see the new one and I guess I had to play.  What a good way to get my mojo back tha to answer this weeks riddle:
When and why you started scrapping?
here's the sketch

well this got my creative juices flowing and here is what I came up with, as always not 2 sentences but 2 pages of it...and please bear with me as my last post was so long ago and in order to please the date I am posting 11 photos!!!
here is my journaling I used a pin to hold the 2 pages I wrote

and here they are with all I had to say

a close up of my subject, hmmm
and the full page, the rectangle was not fitting in so I went with all circles


Now Christmas is my favorite time of the year, by October last year I was finished with my ornaments, had stitched  runners, quilts, pillows and even a tree rug! this year is another story with my trip and everything going on around me this is my first Christmas project!!! As I looked around Webster's pages had a home decor challenge and I made this for my entry:

It is a rotary calendar of the days before Christmas, there are 2 dials on the right and left for you to turn around so it matches the countdown!  It was a past season item I saw that i will reveal later on on this post


some Spanish for you, LOL days left for Christmas

I used the Winter Fairy Tale Collection as I was in LOVEEEE with it, who could resist those pinks, purples, turquoise and greens? not me for sure! I created a town scene, and made mountains with snow, glittery snow some bling and the tinsel trims they made, sparkle, sparkle how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...


I cut all the apers to make the pretty banner, there are all kinds of shapes just waiting to be discovered in those papers, let me tell you!
And can you spot the cameo??? those are GLORIOUS, my faves!!!

Here is the whole piece

 Ahhhh, humble begginings...
Cheers to better endings

I do hope this inspires you to work!
Have a beautiful weekend and I will see you all next week ;)

Milagros

13 comments:

sandi said...

What a beautiful lo that you've created for OUAS! The circle pic and the embellies look fab! Your calendar is so festive as well! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

cnelson said...

GORGEOUS projects!!! LOVE them!

Alison said...

Beautiful projects!
Alison xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous work! Thank you so much for playing at OUAS! ~Gerry~

Irma said...

beautiful!
Thanks for playing along at OUAS!

phamil said...

Love your sweet page for OUAS!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Yay, some fabulous projects from our sweet Milagros!! These are gorgeous, girl! Love, love that Christmas countdown calendar. How could I not with all that beautiful Webster's product on it, right? ;) And stunning layout, too.
I know what you mean about time just zooming by. Gets you all out of whack, doesn't it? I try not to compare to what I've done before, and just keep plowing ahead. Works for me.

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Wow! I love all your projects! Beautiful layout and a great take on the sketch!Thanks for sharing your work with us at OUAS!

Patricia said...

adore this little houses.. gorgeous work!

Ella Swan said...

Hello Hello!! So glad you are safe & sound back from your wonderful trip :) What a beautiful layout you have created for us at Once Upon a Sketch - thank you! And I just adore your project for Webster's - oooh what a great alteration indeed!!

Sonia said...

Millie como siempre tus trabajos bellisimos.
Ya te diste cuenta que ganaste un premio en Once Upon A Sketch?
Te felicito!

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Hi my friend what a gorgeus page you have made for the OUAS!!!Great work I love all the elements you did the circle pic and the embellies look great !!!
Thanks for your visit and lovely words you are so nice and sweet.
I wish a great weekend.
Kisses and a big huges.
Cynthia

Marilyn said...

She's a Beauty!!!! Beatiful page Milly!!! love the calendar project,too! Take Care girl!!! I hope you had a wonderful time on your trip!!! :) Hugs!!! :)