4/11/11

Weaver for a day...

Last night I was waching the Amazing Race, they were in India and I saw this old ladies, basket weaving.  They were sitting at the edge of the Ganges river, dressed up in their beautiful fashion, just bending their twigs.  What an amazing sight.  As I was looking my emails this morning saw Audrey's kraftjournal entry.  Their challenge is called Bunnies, Baskets or Babies.  I remembered them working and decided to give it a try with some Kraft cardstock.  I took some pics of the process to help you along, just in case you want to be a weaver too...
 the pieces are 7 inches long, once you weave (up and  down) your center tighten it up and bend upwards
 here's a closer look

then continue to weave around your base to make the sides
 to secure the top,  fold with a wee bit of glue in alternate fashion, one to the inside one to the outside
 now you need a handle and a decorative edge, so I cut my Kraft paper thinner and used the tiny attacher to secure the ends and braided my paper
 closer look of the handles and the decorative edge
 and here's the basket all dolled up with tulle, paper blooms, grass and bird...please double click and magnify to see the Kraft "tendrils" alongside the blooms!
This little bunny is in process, he started off Kraft colored and he is coming along, more on him in a future post, as I am drawing and painting away.  If you give it a try keep me posted on your creations!

8 comments:

Gail said...

clever you ,very cute.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh my, can't believe you waive that basket, that way too cute!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, Milagros! This is stunning! What a tiny, detailed, amazing basket. The weaving looks incredible, and then you even braided paper, too? Genius! I LOVE this!
Thanks for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal, my friend!

cnelson said...

so fab! look at you...so CLEVER!

Unknown said...

You did one superb job on your lovely basket!! A bunny couldn't have done a better job ;-)

Tracy said...

This is wonderful! The weaving gives such a special look to the little basket. Thanks so much for sharing this with us this week at The Kraft Journal!

Unknown said...

This is so clever and adorable! thanks so much for joining us at The Kraft Journal this week!

Tere Torres said...

so cute, I need to do this!