9/15/13

Yellow

Is our prompt this week at Our Beautiful WorldI.  I have been looking for unique shades of yellow you may enjoy while visiting our beautiful island of Puerto Rico.
Among all the thousand shades of greens you will see at our National Rainforest "El Yunque"
you will get the show stopping hue of yellow in a perfect, giant heliconia named
Caribbean Yellow
it can grow to 14' high, towering, impressive and beautiful!

these are the golden leaves of the " caimito" tree, the leaves have two colors and the fruit is delicious

here is a yellowing leaf from the star fruit tree, the lavender blossoms are the ones that will bear the gorgeous star shaped fruit
 
the mighty oak, full of blooms, not a leaf in sight


the flag of my hometown, with the mountains in the back
and a curious fiddler crab,  in a lighter shade of yellow
 
 
to finish this sweet yellow post a gorgeous yellow sunset!
 
Can't wait to see your yellow!!!!!
 
 
 
Milagros
 
 
 
 


12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVING all the yellow!!!!!

Shahrul Niza said...

I love Puerto Rico already!.So many exotic flowers, fruits & beautiful things to see, I would easily feel at home :). The starfruit tree brings sweet memory to me, I used to pick the young, sour star fruits for my grandma, she used them to clean the fish!. That heliconia is gorgeous!!. I've posted many varieties of heliconias one time on my blog :).

Ros Crawford said...

What fabulous shots ... your country is really pretty ... I love those big yellow blossoms! Have a great day!

Barbara said...

Oh wow, so much yellow! The "mighty oak" in bloom must be a wonderful sight, it looks amazing.
Welcome to the Knackered Grouse by the way... I'll do the draw later today ;-)

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful pictures of your Island - so nice to see 'yellow' in every country in such an abundance!

Unknown said...

So many pretty photos my friend. I am loving all the happy Yellow going on here..

Hugs~

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow wow wow, there are lots of yellow beauties around you, AWESOME!!!!!
And a lovely, wonderful post!

Audrey Pettit said...

WOW! You all sure do yellow to perfection there in sunny Puerto Rico! Gorgeous! TFS!

My Creative House said...

Some fantastic photos from the your place in the world, love the sunset, so wonderful.
Anni

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous pictures! I have come to liking that color very much over the past couple of years!
Thank You~

libbyquilter said...

what a great post full of absolutely sensational yellows~!!~
i think that the heliconia has totally captured my imagination. i had no idea that they could get so large.
and the sunset; a perfect ending.

:-)
libbyQ

dawn said...

Love all the yellow you shared with us, how beautiful your world is. Thanks for sharing all these, enjoyed it so much!